The search is on and our Toddler Girls team is looking for a confident and resilient Store Planner who has sound commercial thinking, strong analytical and proven numerical abilities required to fulfil this function of optimising sales in accordance with the company strategies. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, passionate about performance, solution-driven and must have the high energy level required for this fast-paced, exciting and dynamic retail environment.
- A Grade 12 certificate is an essential requirement.
- A relevant tertiary qualification would be a definite advantage. Preferred qualifications are: B.Comm. / B.Science degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Stats and Business Science OR National Diploma majoring in Internal Auditing and Cost and Management Accounting OR National Diploma in Financial Information Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Knowledge of:
- the retail merchandise cycle with regards to Buying, Planning, Logistics and Stores
- seasonal & non-seasonal replenishments
- the SA retail clothing market, customers and competitors
- Sound numerical skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and a passion for doing analysis
- Effective Problem-solving skills
- A sound commercial mentality
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Planning, organising & time management skills
- The ability to be:
- Resilient and deadline-orientated
- Flexible, function under pressure and maintain a positive attitude
- Communicate effectively at all levels
- Take responsibility and have a sense of pride in one’s work
- Work independently, as well as be a team player
- Identify growth opportunities within portfolio and business unit
- A strong customer-orientation
A minimum of 2-3 years sound experience in store planning within a clothing retail environment is an important requirement.
The following additional experience would be ideal:
- Previous store management experience
- Previous exposure to general logistics and supply chain processes
- Experience working in planning systems such as Location Planning, JDA Allocation Planning and/or Just Enough
- Experience in Outerwear
- A working knowledge of the latest Microsoft packages (Word & Excel) is essential. Experience in working at an advanced level in Excel would be a definite advantage.
- Ensuring the accurate distribution of seasonal stock to optimise sales.
- Ensuring the optimal distribution of non-seasonal and seasonal replenishment stock to optimise sales.
- Delivering a location plan that allows for the clustering of stores at the required product level.
- Delivering seasonal and non-seasonal replenishment profiles at the required product level.
- Supplying inputs to the Seasonal Look for the required visual merchandising.
- Analysing store performance and providing accurate and timeous information in order to optimise business decision making.
- Delivering New Store Plans to ensure that new stores are stocked to plan.
- Assisting stores in resolving any queries relating to stock.
To apply for this job please visit www.ackermans.co.za.