Website Anglo American
Join us as a Manager: Living with Dignity Case Management on a 2 Year Fixed Term Contract
People are at the heart of our business and HR in Anglo American seeks to provide the Group with a capable and engaged workforce within a culture that fosters safety, inclusion, innovation and performance. In this we will create a sustainable competitive advantage for our organisation.
We’re looking for talented professionals to deliver specialist functions in Employee Relations and Case Management. If you have the relevant skills and experience, and share our values and our belief in a better future for mining, we’d like to hear from you.
The Living with Dignity Hub is a newly created unit within Anglo American South Africa to ensure that the organisation adopts a zero-tolerance approach to sexual harassment, harassment, bullying, victimisation, domestic violence and gender based-violence (SH, HB, & DV & GBV). It adopts a survivor-centric approach to dealing with complaints of SH, HBV, GBV & DV underpinned by an absolute commitment to sensitive, expeditious, confidential and consistent procedures. Each complaint is assigned a case manager who supports complainants through the process, ensures provision of necessary support and information from reporting to resolution, and is a point of connection with other roleplayers in the AASA system.
Reporting into the Head of the Living with Dignity Hub, this role will lead the management of the end-to-end complaint process for all SH, BHV, GBV and DV cases reported to the Hub and provide supervision, support and assistance to the case managers who deal with complainants of sexual harassment, harassment, bullying, victimisation, domestic violence and gender based-violence.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage and provide hands on supervision for all aspects of the case management process from reporting to case resolution.
- Develop and implement the end-to-end project support processes for key activities assigned the case management function of the Hub.
- Monitor implementation of Hub case management protocols, Hub alignment with AASA policies, and efficient and effective management of cases.
- Generate and analyse monitoring and evaluation data on the management of cases, the incidence and prevalence of SH, BHV, GBV & DV in the working environments of all Anglo American South Africa’s businesses, and other issues relevant to implementing our zero-tolerance approach.
- Maintain accurate and accessible dashboards for monitoring and tracking of cases & report on these regularly to key stakeholders.
- Monitor investigations relating to allegations of SH, GBV, BVH & DV towards timeous completion.
- Work with, among others, Business Units and Functional HR teams, as well as Anglo Business Assurance Services (ABAS), to ensure that appropriate actions are taken timeously on reported allegations of SH, BVH, GBV & DV.
- Legal or equivalent B- degree with 6 – 8 years’ experience in the SHGBV or related space (dignity harms)
- Knowledge of governance processes and compliance processes to support organizational objectives
- Knowledge of compliance processes to support organizational objectives
- Advanced problem solving with ability to execute tasks efficiently and effectively
- Ability to navigate complex multi-partner relationships
- Ability to drive to insights through the collation and analysis of data and make strategic recommendations that drive the hub forward
- A deep passion and understanding of GBV trends and studies
- Quantitative, data management and analytical skills, including the ability to manage and manipulate data in excel, manage databases, and produce analytical reports.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with a team to meet key performance indicators.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of the process.
To apply for this job please visit www.angloamerican.com.