Website Anglo American
Anglo American has set its Burning Ambition to be the most valued mining company by all its stakeholders by 2023. The Finance function enables Anglo American to achieve its strategic ambitions by driving optimal decision making and performance management whilst maintaining the highest standards of control and compliance, providing a workplace of the future to develop and retain talent.
The Corporate Services Department provide a comprehensive range of properties management and support services to the Johannesburg Corporate Office and various remote sites. This includes the provision of building services, maintenance services, catering, printing, office cleaning and office furniture purchases and moves.
With this said, the Senior Admin Officer will be responsible for the processing of and tracking payments for the CSD department. The Senior Admin Officer is also responsible for providing administrative support for CSD, Catering and the Finance Manager.
- Create purchase requisitions, process service entry sheets (SES’s) and good receipting in Ariba Guided buying (AGB)
- Resolve queries and perform account reconciliations
- Reconcile utility accounts and liaise with City of Johannesburg.
- Investigate and resolve outstanding items on GR/IR reconciliation done by the finance team
- Process month end uploads/transactions
- Prepare upload spreadsheets forward on to GSS with invoices for processing
- Prepare Sole Source Motivations (SSM) in the system when necessary
- Prepare Request for Contract (RFC) in the system when necessary
- Assist with new vendor creation and vendor master data change requests
- An appropriate post matric accounting qualification
- A finance qualification coupled with experience in a finance environment.
Specific Knowledge requirements:
- Experience in Facilities Management and project accounts.
- Sound working knowledge of municipal billing processes, rates, sewerage, electricity, gas and water.
- High end SAP user
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click the link and complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
To apply for this job please visit www.angloamerican.com.