Website St Stithians
The Girls’ Preparatory invites applications for the above-mentioned full-time position which will be available from 1 May 2023 (negotiable). Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills, disposition, and competencies to take on this position.
- A suitable professional teaching qualification with at least 5 years educational experience in teaching maths and natural science
- Experience in teaching mathematics and science at intermediate and senior phase (girls’ education an advantage)
- Excellent all-round knowledge of mathematics and natural science with a passion for the subjects
- Experience in developing learning and teaching material and assessment practices according to CAPS, IEB and international trends
- A team player with an ability to integrate STEAM subjects across all curriculum areas would be advantageous
- An unequivocal commitment to lead an accomplished team
- Computer literacy and an ability to integrate IT and digital learning into your teaching
- A fundamentally future-orientated approach to teaching, learning and pastoral care of girls
- A sound and progressive understanding of the South African curriculum, particularly Inquiry Based Learning, and an openness to ongoing personal and professional development
- A willingness to work within the values and Christian ethos of the College as well as to participate in a busy school, including extra murals and evening/weekend activities
- Proof of registration with SACE supported by a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
To apply for this job please visit stithian.mcidirecthire.com.